Sunday, April 27, 2008

Have You Ever.....

Wished that a day would never end? For me, that was yesterday. I was sitting on a blanket in the front yard with my friend Kristin watching our girls (Kate & Aida) chasing bubbles around the yard. It was the time of day when the planets were perfectly aligned - the girls were playing nicely, Chris & Mr. Jamie were swapping sports/lawyer stories, and everything in the garden (lilacs, azaleas, roses, etc.) smelled heavenly. As we were sitting on the blanket outside, Kristin & I noticed that cars were lining up around a particular house in our neighborhood, along with a stretch SUV. We noticed girls piling out of cars in their finery - dressed to kill for the biggest night of their high school lives - PROM NIGHT! The girls looked so glamorous - quite a change from the huge crinolines of the 80's that I wore. Then I thought - that will be Kate & Aida one day - SOONER THAN I'D LIKE. Since Kate celebrated her 3rd birthday this week, I've been lamenting over how time is flying for her. I could've gotten depressed about this, but I kept reverting back to Kate & Aida - chasing bubbles. That moment is frozen in time for me.

1 comment:

Kristin Mulrooney said...

These are the moments I cherish the most, too. When the laughter and smiles are spontaneous and joyous. Such a sweet sound. Yesterday afternoon was such a delight. As we were walking (well running home) Aida said, 'Mom, I love playing at Kate's house.' I replied, 'I do too.'