Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday My Brown-Eyed Girl!

Yes, I know her birthday is technically on the 23rd, but in this house, we celebrate someone's birthday all week. Kate turns three on Wednesday, and it's amazing how time has flown. April 22, 2005 seemed just yesterday when I went into labor at 10:22 p.m. and FINALLY gave birth (thankfully without a c-section) at 4:28 p.m. the next day. She's still her father's daughter - big brown eyes, chestnut-colored hair. Some of her favorite things these days:

1) Favorite person - Grandmommy in NC - Mom's been a part of Kate's life since week 1 when she came to help out two clueless, tired parents. Nicknamed "The Wolf" (from "Pulp Fiction"), Mom's been the biggest supporter of Kate's development and the biggest help to us.

2) Favorite food - big cookies from Cake Love bakery. Chris takes Kate there when I'm in Church on Sunday. Yeah, yeah, I know - lots of sugar - but hey, she loves it, and as my friend Kristin famously says, "don't judge me." I'm just grateful she doesn't have any food allergies like a lot of the kids around here.

3) Favorite TV show - "Bill Maher" - no just kidding, although I wouldn't mind. It's actually Sesame Street and "Pingu" videos.

4) Favorite Book - Right now (and this changes hourly) - "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.

5) Favorite girl friends - Aida and Hannah

6) Favorite time of day - snuggling up to Mommy reading books and singing songs before bed. This is my favorite time of day too.

Happy 3rd Birthday sweetheart - we love you to pieces!

Mama & Daddy

4 comments:

Kristin Mulrooney said...

Kate tops Aida's girlfriend list too. She is the only kid Aida will walk over to and give a hug or kiss to. Kate is a special spirit and I am glad we can celebrate her 3rd birthday with her.

EFN Newsletter said...

Happy Birthday Kate!

How come I can't ever see the photos on your blog? Does anyone else have this problem?

Mar said...

Oh, happy three! You're kidding - Bill Mayher? Seriously? Wow. That must be some dinner conversation ya'll have...

Cathy said...

Happy b-day, little Kate! Hope you have a wonderful one with lots of cake and ice cream! :)