Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

I think I mentioned in an New Year's email that one of my resolutions was to be a more faithful blogger - well here's my first entry of 2008.  This year has started off like the horses at the Kentucky Derby - fast & furious without the nervous jockeys.  Kate is back in school and seems to enjoy going - quite a change from when she started in October.  Back then, she clung to my legs, begging to be taken home.  Now, she just gives me a "high-five" and goes inside her classroom.  Chris has been racking up his air miles with trips to Miami, New York & Chicago for work, but still manages to be an amazing father to Kate.  

Christmas was awesome - we're definitely setting some new traditions around here.  For the first time, we actually stayed in Alexandria.  Kate got to spend XMAS at home and was mesmerized by the tree, lights, and presents.  Seeing her come down the stairs and the surprised look on her face was priceless.  I've noticed that when Kate was a baby, it was so easy to photograph her - she didn't move around so much, etc.  Now, it's almost impossible to get a good shot.  I was thinking that maybe I didn't have a good camera, so I asked Chris to get me one for XMAS.  I was thinking that a better digital camera would get better pictures of Kate.  I found that it makes no difference with a 2 year old.  You just have to take about 100 shots and maybe a couple of them will be worth posting!

As for Chris, I'm so happy to have found someone who gets excited about food (ok - sweets and seafood!) and music as much as I do.  Our cooking class is coming up soon, and I'm so excited.  The last class we took together was "Tastes of Spain" and was delicious, except that I couldn't drink the sangria because I was pregnant.  We're still talking about our Pre-Kate trips to Gary Danko in San Fran. and Le Bec Fin in Philly as if they happened yesterday.  Ahhhhhh.......we really have to go back!

I have managed to get some shots of Kate - on her new tricycle and at the park.  Check these out!


No comments: