Saturday, January 19, 2008

39 and Holding

What a great birthday it's been! I woke up this am with my Kate saying "Happy Birthday Mama." She's really gotten into birthdays lately because of a recent party she went to. I had a morning full of spa treatments at Elizabeth Arden, came home, and Kate was waiting for me at the door, saying "Mama, time for cake!" I usually don't eat dessert before lunch, but hey, it's my birthday. During cake time, she said, "Mama, open your present." She was so excited! She & Chris gave me a creme brulee torch and ramekins. The day was topped off with dinner at Oyamel where Chris & I stuffed ourselves silly. Beforehand, we had drinks at Rasika, a new Indian place. I'm not a big fan of Indian food, but I have to say, the place smelled fantastic. I'm thinking this may be the place for Valentine's Day. Well, it's 10pm, and this 39 year-old woman is dead tired and going to bed. Next year...big party....but until then....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

3 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Happy Birthday! I can only imagine the fiesta next year.

Rain in My Head said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Cathy said...

Happy belated birthday! I can't believe I'm just finding your blog now! I have one also at 222.cathyplusone.blogspot.com. Hope to see you soon!