Saturday, January 12, 2008

Favorite Restaurants

Chris & I were talking last night about what our favorite restaurants are - luckily we did this after we'd eaten, so there was no need to rush out to relieve our cravings!  So let me see, here goes the preliminary list:

1) Gary Danko - San Francisco
Chris took me to San Fran. as a 36th birthday present.  I was six months pregnant at the time, so I couldn't enjoy the wine or cheese course; but from what Chris says, both, along with the sommelier's suggestions were fantastic.  I think the website is:  http://www.garydanko.com

2)Le Bec Fin - Philadelphia
I was eight months pregnant when Chris took me here.  He's always wanted to go here, and we really wanted to do it before Kate arrived.  Again, no wine or cheese for me, but the dessert cart made up for it considerably.  I joked with Chris that this was "The Last Supper" because from here on out, we'd be going to places like Fuddruckers until Kate was older.  http://www.lebecfin.com

3)Ten Penh - DC
Love the Asian fusion cuisine.  Definitely a favorite of Chris!

4)Valentino's - Alexandria's West End
Chris stumbled onto this place by accident.  I had ruined a pizza crust, which prompted Chris to go hunting for takeout.  He returned home with the most unbelievable chicken a la vodka pizza.  Turns out this new place is across the street from Total Beverage and has a statue of liberty on top of the building.  Armando, the guy who owns the place is from Queens.  Finally, a proper New York style Italian restaurant, complete with a cheesy New York skyline inside and Tony Bennett piping through the speakers.  

5)  Carlyle Grand - ribs, lobster potstickers, crabcakes, etc.  You cannot get a bad meal here.

6)  Eamon's - yes, we liked this better than Cathal Armstrong's other one, Restaurant Eve.  Reason being - one of Chris & my favorite memories from our honeymoon in Ireland was eating fish & chips out of a newspaper while sitting on a street corner in Dublin with my girlfriend Kieran and her family.  I haven't been able to find anything similar until Eamon's opened in Old Town.  Sandra, if you're reading this, you'd love it - they have excellent Mary Rose sauce.

7)  Rosa Mexicano - guacamole made tableside, crabmeat enchilladas, and potent pomegranite margaritas.  My birthday's is on the 19th, and you'll find Chris & me inhaling everything listed above.

This list is constantly changing, so if anyone has any suggestions, please leave us a recommendation on this blog!

2 comments:

Rain in My Head said...

Oh yummy. . fish and chips is one of my favorite foods ever. So fun to find you you had a blog! :)

EFN Newsletter said...

My mouth is watering. You have to have known what this would do to me!