Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Birthday Boy Meets the Girls from Ipanema

I've eaten so much, I can barely type. Chris' birthday dinner combined with Mother's Day Brunch makes me think I'll be eating salad for the rest of the week. For Chris' birthday, he chose Rasika in Penn Quarter. I wasn't a fan of Indian food - until now. WOW! For Mother's Day, we went with our dear friends Kristin, Jamie, and Aida (who Kate loves) to a Brazilian BBQ place called Fogo de Chao downtown. I actually went to the one that's in Sao Paulo, Brazil back in 1999, and it still hasn't lost its appeal. Kate did amazingly well and managed to stay seated for most of the meal. Given the fact that we don't take her out to many restaurants (with the exception of Los Tios, Generous Georges') she did very well with impulse control, etc. I think it may be because of the fact that we bribed her with promises of cookies afterwards, or it could be that she wanted to be sweet as a Mother's Day gift.

Nah, it was the cookies.

1 comment:

Kristin Mulrooney said...

Thanks Cutler Family for making our Mother's Day celebration extra special!