Sunday, March 23, 2008

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

Happy Easter everyone! Today has been wonderful - had to sing for two services, but managed to get some great photos. I didn't have to spend any money on a Easter dress this year either. My friend, Tandy & I love vintage clothes (circa 1960s) and she GAVE me a suit that once belonged to her mother, which I wore today. On top of that, the grand finale of the service was the entire choir and congregation singing Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus." Kate loves Easter and has been excited about the Easter Bunny and receiving an Easter basket. Last night, Chris was playing a game with her - "Kate, which animals live in the water?" Kate cried, "EASTER BUNNY!" Chris said "Which animal meows?" Again, Kate said "EASTER BUNNY!" She also got to wear her Easter dress today, which she didn't take off (without a fight) until bedtime.

I've been using the Easter Bunny all week to ensure good behavior on Kate's part - "don't cry - the Easter Bunny's watching" - or "Easter Bunny likes it when you share." Now that Easter's over, I don't know who to use now. It's too early for Santa Claus, and Uncle Sam just doesn't have that same appeal.

3 comments:

Mar said...

so where's the pic of you in your suit and kate in her dress? will have to see!

Mar said...

so where's the pic of you in your suit and kate in her dress? will have to see!

Beth, Chris & Kate said...

Hey Mary!

The ONE picture that Chris took of Kate in her Easter dress was accidently erased - I was so mad! BUT, she'll be at my parent's house this weekend and I'm sure they'll take tons of pictures of her in the dress. Will send those!