Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

My favorite season is upon us - cue Vivaldi's Primavera Suite! Our garden has so many buds just waiting to burst. The lilac tree will be blossoming within the month, the daffodils are here, etc. Chris & I are putting the fire pit together for smores roasting. Reasons to love Spring:
1) Everything's becoming green - whether it's St. Patrick's Day, Earth Day, whatever. This includes the bread in our pantry.
2) My wild girl was born in the Spring smack dab in the middle of Cherry Blossom Week - she's our very own Cherry Blossom Princess.
3) Chris' birthday is May 8. OK, being a Winter baby, I'm a little jealous of these two.
4) I can use my Spring allergies as an excuse to blubber during sad movies.
5) DC is GORGEOUS during the Spring.
6) Dining al fresco.
7) Lent is over - not that I gave up anything anyway. I'm done reflecting - time to start living.
8) Easter - my favorite holiday - which gives us an excuse to eat chocolate Easter eggs, bunnies, hot cross buns, etc. Thankfully, there are no diabetics in our household - that would be a real drag.
I can't think of anything else, so feel free to add on to this list!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

How about more hours of daylight and not having to keep the kids cooped up in the house in the afternoon because it would be dark half an hour after they wake up from their naps!?