Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Politics & (Kate) Prose

Due to living in VA surrounded by political conservatives and name-dropping lobbyists and their wives (ok - thankfully not THAT many - it IS NORTHERN VA!) - I've been having nightmares that my daughter has turned into a female Alex P. Keaton (read: a Lily Pulitzer wearing brunette Ann Coulter). Luckily, Super Tuesday eased my fears. Kate & I went to the polls to vote for Super Tuesday, and she was with me when I cast my vote for Obama the Great. The best thing for her was that she got a "I voted" sticker. The best thing for me (which quelled my fears for now) is that on our way home, we were stopped by some Republican guy named Fillmore (Elmore? something like that), who wanted me to sign a petition to put him on the ballot for the upcoming congressional election. Kate absolutely put her foot down after he requested my signature shouting at him "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO - GO HOME and EAT!!!!!!!" So much for politeness in politics - poor guy doesn't stand a chance with this family. Now I can rest easy.....

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with conservatives! :) Jonah wanted to help Josh and me vote, too (see my blog for a picture!).

Kristin Mulrooney said...

I am glad to know everyone is getting out and voting. That is very exciting. Maybe this new generation will realize the importance of being involved in the democratic process.